Recipe courtesy Chef Matt Horn, Cowichan Pasta
Head on Prawns – 1 Pound
Chopped green onions – ¼ Cup
Chopped garlic – 1 Teaspoon
Salt and pepper – 1 Teaspoon
Chilli flakes – ½ Teaspoon
Small diced red pepper – 2 Ounces
Small diced red onion – 2 Ounces
Chopped Asparagus – 4 Ounces
Milk – ¾ Cup
Baking powder – 2 Teaspoons
Eggs – 3
Lemon juice – 1 Tablespoon
Flour – 1¾Cup
1. Peel and pull heads off prawns. Cut tail meat into thirds.
2. In a medium size bowl combine flour, baking powder, asparagus, red onion, red pepper, chili flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and green onions. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, eggs and milk. Mix well and combine with dry ingredients above. This should make a loose batter.
4. Form batter into golf sized balls.
5. Using a deep fryer or candy thermometer heat 2” of canola oil to 350F and fry balls till golden brown appproximately 2-3 minutes.